When it comes to business some people like to get their hands dirty and iron out every little detail of every little deal and transaction. Others like to handle the parts of the business that they know and are comfortable with, leaving the bits and pieces they are unsure about to people who know what they are doing.
Before you start looking for a search engine optimization company sit down and consider your situation. What goals do you have for your website? What are your priorities? How much can you afford to spend, remember that you pay for quality, the lowest price isn't always the best deal.
When it is time to submit your web-based business to a search engine their are search engine optimization companies who, for a fee, will be happy to optimize the websites for the business owners who do not feel comfortable doing it themselves.
Search engine optimization is the art and science of making a website attractive to search engines. If you don't know where to find a reputable search engine optimization company try looking in search engine optimization forums, references or articles on reputable websites, ask friends for recommendations, ask other webmasters if they used anyone to optimize their sites and if they did ask which company they used and if the experience was pleasant.
The first thing you have to watch out for when you're selecting a company to handle your search engine optimization is scams. The first thing to do is avoid any search engine optimization companies that are listed in the black hat directory. Black hat search engine optimization is not really optimizing but really just spamdexing, most search engines penalize websites that are caught spamdexing. Also avoid any company who guarantees a ranking before they even look at your site. Make sure the company you are considering is actually going to do something besides add doorway pages and meta tags.
What is spamdexing?
Spamdexing is using methods that manipulate the relevancy or prominence of resources indexed by a search engine, usually in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of the indexing system. A lot of times spamdexing is done by stuffing a website full of keywords, web crawlers (the programs search engines use to rank websites) read the web sites they read lots of the same keyword and assume that the sight is content rich. Based on the web crawler's findings the website is given a high rank. Allot of the time the keywords are stuck at the bottom of the document where the internet user can't see them. Keyword stuffing is considered content spam.
The other common type of spamdexing is link spam. Link spam is spamdexing that takes advantage of link ranking algorithms causing search engines to give the guilty website a higher ranking. Link farms, hidden links, Sybil attack, wiki spam, spam blogs (also referred to as splogs), page hijacking, buying expired domains, and referrer log spamming are forms of link spam.
SEO Related Articles
- Algorithms-The Foundation of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic Information about Search Engine Optimization
- Become Successful By Using Search Engine Optimization
- Controversy Lends a Helping Hand to Search Engine Optimization
- Designing a Web Crawler Friendly Web Site
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Company
- Google and PageRank-Search Engine Optimization's Dream Team
- Google versus Yahoo!
- How Title and Meta Tags are used for Search Engine Optimization
- Maximize Business Profitability With Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Natural Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click
- Newer is not Always Better When it Involves Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing-How it Differs from Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization and the Knight
- Search Engine Optimization Simplified
- Search Engine Optimization-Budgeting
- Search Engine Optimization-Web Crawlers
- Social Media Optimization
- Spamdexing-the Bane of Search Engine Optimization
- The Definition of Search Engine Optimization
- The History of Internet Search Engines
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Yahoo! Search Engine Optimization