Too many webpage owners feel that once they submit their page a search engine they are guaranteed success. That's generally not the case. Simply submitting your web page to a search engine is not always enough to get any hits. Most web pages require search engine optimization to become truly successful.
Search engine optimization is the art and science of making web pages attractive to the search engines. The goal of search engine optimization is to have your website ranked in the top ten internet search hits that appear on the first page. Why is it important to be on the first page? It's important because the average internet user doesn't click on any of the sites listed on the second or third page. Out of sight, out of mind. One website owner reported a two hundred and ten percent increase on her e-commerce sight when she had her webpage redesigned for optimal search engine optimization.
You would think that the prospect of a two hundred and ten percent increase in sales would be all the incentive a webmaster would need to redesign their site. That isn't always the case. There are a variety of reasons people avoid recreating their websites.
Some people believe that search engine optimization is too difficult to understand. The reality is that search engine optimization is fairly simple. All it takes is a little research and most people are ready to rock.
Other people feel that there are simply too many things to learn before they will be ready to optimize their website. Search engine optimization is just like anything else. When you first start out you know nothing. With some homework and a bit of trial and error and you will know exactly what it takes to make your webpage popular with the web crawlers.
Some people believe that search engine optimization will take up lots of their precious time. People with this particular fear should remember that old adage about time and money. If time spent optimizing your website leads to an increase in sales isn't it time well spent? Besides search engine optimization is easy, once you have the hang of it won't add much to the time you would already have to devote to updating your website.
You do not have to submit to gobs of search engines to reap the rewards of search engine optimization.
If you have a large site you shouldn't worry about spending lots of time optimizing it and running the risk of never finishing the process. If you have a large website just take things one step at a time. Focus on optimizing on page per day. Start with your most important pages and then concentrate on the irrelevant pages. By using this one page a day method you won't run the risk of sitting at your computer until your eyeballs fall out of your head.
It might take some time and some trial and error to optimize your website but you will consider it time well spent when you see an increase in the amount of traffic, the increase in traffic should lead to more sales.
SEO Related Articles
- Algorithms-The Foundation of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic Information about Search Engine Optimization
- Become Successful By Using Search Engine Optimization
- Controversy Lends a Helping Hand to Search Engine Optimization
- Designing a Web Crawler Friendly Web Site
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Company
- Google and PageRank-Search Engine Optimization's Dream Team
- Google versus Yahoo!
- How Title and Meta Tags are used for Search Engine Optimization
- Maximize Business Profitability With Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Natural Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click
- Newer is not Always Better When it Involves Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing-How it Differs from Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization and the Knight
- Search Engine Optimization Simplified
- Search Engine Optimization-Budgeting
- Search Engine Optimization-Web Crawlers
- Social Media Optimization
- Spamdexing-the Bane of Search Engine Optimization
- The Definition of Search Engine Optimization
- The History of Internet Search Engines
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Yahoo! Search Engine Optimization